Take the Scenic Route

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

A bit scarily, one of the very first houses I got all excited by this year is back on the market!!!!!

I was scared off it because the piles were rotten and/or missing, the eaves were rotting, the roof was shot, the walls were rotting, and I'm not that much of a handyman. It's been somewhat fixed up since then, and correspondingly had a massive jump in price. It still has a great location, and layout etc., and I guess I'll have to go through the open home ... masochist that I am. However, I still think I'm better off with what I have. I just need to keep telling myself that.

1 Comments:

At Mon Jan 17, 02:31:00 PM GMT+13, Blogger limegreen said...

Went back through yesterday, and while it's substantially improved, it's really just been tarted ala the student rental recipe. Thus, it has been recarpeted in the budget-super-heavy-duty blue carpet so favoured by landlords, made a bit more sound, but definitely a rental rather than a house. It's well overpriced to boot in my opinion. I thought it might have been really scrubbed up, but they're renting it at $230 (/3=$75 per room), which in no way justifies the asking price. At an 8% yield it's still almost 30,000 over target.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home