Take the Scenic Route

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Bypass my arse



So I guess you're probably wondering why I'd bother taking an actual film print of such a rundown old dump? Well, my great great grandparents lived in this house during winter (their summer house was in eastbourne). And why does it look so decrepit? Well, it is (/was?) on Willis St, in the way of the unlovely bypass.

[I am stoked to have some photos back after my last debacle. But it does make me wonder whether it's not about time I finally purchase d digital camera, cause man some of these photos are such old news]



5 Comments:

At Fri Dec 24, 02:16:00 AM GMT+13, Blogger Jessie said...

Would you believe that that was Gibby's house?! And Drew's, too, for a while. Cool to hear some history!

 
At Fri Dec 24, 11:06:00 AM GMT+13, Blogger limegreen said...

Haha! That's pretty crazy, but then New Zealand is such a freaking village. Actually, these days it more seems like the whole world is such a freaking village (one of my work colleagues got chatting to a guy in NYC selling christmas trees to discover that they were from the same exceptionally obscure small town in Nova Scotia where she'd grown up).

Do you know if it's been bowled yet?

 
At Fri Dec 24, 03:03:00 PM GMT+13, Blogger Jessie said...

I'm not sure. I'll take a look that way later today.

 
At Thu Dec 30, 09:59:00 AM GMT+13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...run down old houses, you just don't see em much in Sydney, developers get their greedy little hands on them as soon as the paint starts to peel.

 
At Tue Jan 04, 03:50:00 AM GMT+13, Blogger Jessie said...

So: yeah, it's gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home