Take the Scenic Route

Monday, August 15, 2005

At the beach...

I know some of you may be shocked to discover that I have an over-accumulation of annual leave. It won't make a great dint in it, but I have taken the day off to extend my break on an east coast beach.



My family's always been a bit odd. When going on holiday, people usually have to arrange for someone to feed their pets. Not in my family. We always had to arrange someone to do the watering. Which is a slightly more fickle task. If there's a decent amount of rain, it doesn't really need to done, whereas a dog will still need to be fed, no matter how much rain has fallen. I guess some cats might be able to survive on a caught bird or rabbit, but not every cat still has that capability, or even realises that they can eat things that they've caught. So part of my job while I'm up here is to visit my parents and do some watering...

There are other perks to being away from a city. You'd be lucky to find a '97 Cab Sauv in a bargain bin for under $15....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home