Take the Scenic Route

Thursday, July 14, 2005

My Brain Hurts Too...

The last ten minutes my computer has been furiously churning away. Hopefully it's getting itself emotionally prepared for some Naive Bayesian analysis. This is, of course, where you find some nice young naive bayesian... wait, no! But either a few hundred pages of ascii text was a little much for a fairly elementary program written in common lisp, my computer sucks, a combination of the both, or there's a nice loop or bug in the program which is eating at its soul...

If I can get it working, it might finally provide some justification for the fact that I have over a dozen computers in my office, but no one other than me to use them. I can get them all running icky jobs all at once. Glee. On the other hand, I could always attempt to sell them on trade-me, and buy a printer that jams less often. If only trade-me weren't blocked ...

2 Comments:

At Fri Jul 15, 10:18:00 AM GMT+12, Blogger limegreen said...

It's blocked at a departmental level. I'm not entirely sure, but I, er, believe the IT staff are protecting themselves from themselves, if you know what I mean...

 
At Fri Jul 15, 04:27:00 PM GMT+12, Blogger limegreen said...

Yeah. Not being a behaviourist and all, I'd say they should just get some willpower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home