Take the Scenic Route

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Gardening...

The ungardening has more or less come to an end, which now leaves me in the position of having to work out where I should be 'gardening'. I've got quite a little collection for that purpose. Some I've bought, some I've grown myself, and some that I've acquired from my father and grandfather. I have quite a nice little collection of Hebe's that I've grown here.



Possibly a few too many. Mercifully, there seems to be a pattern in my family that men grow forests rather than retire, so perhaps I can palm some off on them.



Some of the more botanically astute of you might notice that some of the ones I acquired from my father and grandfather might grow rather big. In addition to manuka, kowhai, some miscellaneous pittosporum (pittospora? heh), but also rimu, matai, totara...



These some cool carex (tussock) from dad as well.

2 Comments:

At Wed Jul 27, 10:41:00 PM GMT+12, Blogger limegreen said...

So I just have to work out where to plant them for the best shelter, and the least shade for places I want to stay sunny...

 
At Thu Jul 28, 01:02:00 PM GMT+12, Blogger Jessie said...

Looks like a great collection! Good luck with the follow-through ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home