Take the Scenic Route

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Wet Wet Wet

I've delayed writing about this, as I was quite keen to nab some photographs from somewhere...
The ODT website is a bit of a dog to navigate. It's a moot point as to whether it's better or worse than their previous attempt. Anyway, the herald reckons it was about 34mm of rain in 20min. Whatever, it was wet. Like really freaking wet.
Home escaped pretty much unscathed, but the downpipes at work didn't cope, and I'd, er, left the windows open because it had been so hot. Not much harm done though, although my 'waterproof' fountain pen ink seems to have run a bit...
Anyway, I've borrowed these for those who can't be bothered heading elsewhere.

Bacchus, where the Octagon meets Stuart St (or is that river?).



The Ra Bar had similar issues



And out by the 'brook there was a bit of a lake...

2 Comments:

At Wed Feb 09, 09:01:00 PM GMT+13, Blogger Jessie said...

Great pictures - looks mad!

 
At Wed Feb 09, 10:32:00 PM GMT+13, Blogger limegreen said...

Yeah. I almost wish I'd been uptown to see the real drama (as I did 'borrow' those images). The ferocity was pretty amazing, and hours later, there were still a lot of 'lakes' around the city.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home