Take the Scenic Route

Monday, August 22, 2005

The Roof is on Fire...

Arrived home on Saturday evening to see a whole heap of smoke coming from down in the valley. Not just the usual smog-inducing coal smoke, but a real column of filthy black smoke. I was tempted to ring 111, but I couldn't quite work out what street it was on, and I figured with that much smoke surely someone else would have called first. It was slightly disarming about how slow the arrival of the first appliance was. The Willowbank station is not that many blocks away, and it's permanently manned. Pretty gutting for those involved I'd imagine.



2 Comments:

At Wed Aug 24, 09:23:00 AM GMT+12, Blogger limegreen said...

I don't know about the tape, but the Single Woman's Guide to Sex somehow came into my possession. I blame the subversive one...

The digital edition of the ODT is a bitch. It's on Page 5 of August 22. I struggle with connectivity, so I can't provide a link at the moment...

 
At Wed Aug 24, 09:35:00 AM GMT+12, Blogger limegreen said...

Try this link:
http://digital.odt.co.nz/Repository/getimage.dll?path=ODT/2005/08/22/5/Img/Ar0050401.png

 

Post a Comment

<< Home