Take the Scenic Route

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Muff Monkey's Ex-Residence Evacuated

Nothing like the school holidays. Time to spend time with your friends getting up to no good. Nothing like playing with matches.

I was a bit of a pyro in my youth, but nothing like a 10 hectare blaze to get the heart racing. Luckily, it didn't threaten much, just the old Fever Hospital (onetime home to the Muff) and Palmer's Logan Point Quarry (better known as the set for Vaseline Warriors). Quite spectacular viewing from the 8th floor here. Just would be the day that I didn't have my camera with me. Even the stretch of Dundas Street by my old flat was cordoned off, but only the Fever Hospital was evacuated.

2 Comments:

At Mon Oct 02, 04:49:00 PM GMT+13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yargy! -m

 
At Sun Nov 12, 01:05:00 PM GMT+13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to live in the Fever Hospital. it was a great set of flats. real pleased it didn't get damaged during the fires.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home